Painting with the Priestess The Oracle of Apollo in the Womb of Gaia
‘The Priestess of Delphi ‘ 1891, by the Hon. John Collier
JUNE 16 – JULY 6, 2024 LIMITED TO 10 PARTICIPANTS
With Philip Rubinov Jacobson
It is our pleasure to invite you to attend a painting retreat this summer presented by Nexus Muse LLC and Old Masters – New Visions. Join us next summer in studying Mischtechnik (Mixed-technique of Egg Tempera and Oil) painting. Delphi is an ancient town, and was first inhabited in late Mycenaean times as far back as the 15th century BC. The seminar studio will be on-site with our accommodation. This is an exciting opportunity that will take place in the center of the village at Delphi within walking distance to many historic sites, and only 8 miles to the sea (a drive of about 10-minutes or so). Greek traditions and writing reference five different temples built at Delphi throughout history. Some scholars even say that the first three temples were constructed before the creation of the Homeric poems and before the cult of Apollo was established at Delphi. Being only 2 hours from Athens, we will enjoy excursioms to various places like the Acropolis. . Join us as we embark on a life changing journey to Greece !
Delphi — The Centre Of The World With Picture-Perfect Views
According to Greek mythology, Zeus set two eagles free to meet each other half way in the center of the world, and so they did — here in Delphi. The site was considered as the navel of the world in those ancient times. You’ll find discoveries dating to the Mycenaean period to the early Byzantine era and the museum is world class.
Lose Yourself In Beauty
Nature lovers are in no way excluded, and the Parnassos National Park is a super place to visit for its unspoiled nature. The beautiful park is found between Delphi, Arachova and Agoriani and there are lots of exquisite hiking trails for you to take according to your fitness level.
$2,775 FOR TUITION AND ROOM
The Mixed Technique of Egg Tempera and Oil Painting
REGISTRATION is open to 10 PARTICIPANTS.
TUITION for the seminar includes a private ROOM for 3 Weeks
Weekends & All Other Workshops, 2, 3 and 4 WEEK SEMINARS
Children under the age of 12 years must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
FULL TUITION INCLUDES:
*Teaching 5 days per week, minimum of 6 hours per day
* Classes are held, at minimum: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm and 2:30 - 5:30 pm, Mon - Fri. but at times may run longer.
* The studio is open 24/7 for working.
* We provide materials like ingredients for the painting medium, varnishes, brush cleaners, oils, turpentine/or substitutes, Gamsol and Glakyd, siccative, containers and clean up materials like mineral spirits, soap and paper towels.
~ PAYMENT & GENERAL CONDITIONS:
* All prices are per person
* Prices are in US dollars.
* For other currencies (Euros, pounds, ETC.), the current conversion rate will be used at the time payment is RECEIVED.. This will be calculated automatically through PayPal or credit card agencies. For bank transfers, direct deposits, checks, we will use the current rate on day of payment received as listed at xe.com
* Payment may be made through PayPal, or by Zelle, or by bank wire transfer. PayPal and/or Bank Fees will apply and will be added on to the tuition payment balance due. Please be sure to add any Fees to your payment as denoted on the Paypal site, or by listed bank fees etc;. If you wish to do a Bank Wire Transfer, or another form of payment other than PayPal please contact Mantra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The tuition and/or deposit is refundable until JANUARY 15, 2024, after that our Cancellation and Substitution Policy is enforced.
* Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from the seminar.
* Students are responsible for their own health insurance. Registration for the seminar constitutes a waiver on the participants' part regarding injuries or illnesses sustained during the seminar and OMNV cannot be held responsible..
* NO PETS of any kind can be brought to the seminar and occupy the studio space during the seminar hours of activity.
* In the unlikely event that we cancel a seminar, all payments will be refunded IN FULL. - SEE CANCELLATION POLICY,
CANCELLATION & SUBSTITUTION POLICY 2024 - 2025:
Should a workshop be cancelled by us for any reason, payment will be refunded in full to all participants. All PAYMENTS in this case, are refundable. If the seminar is not canceled by our actions, but by the student, a Substitution Policy is in effect. In the event of a Natural Disaster or Forces of Nature, War, Pandemic, interference by a Government, Alien Invasion or other Forces out of our control and OMNV is directly effected and shutdown, understand that "we are not the cause of it, nor did "we cancel". We will, however, under such circumstances, grant a CREDIT toward another seminar of equivalent cost and length of time (to expire one year from the beginning date of the canceled seminar. A CREDIT is good for one year from the last day of the current seminar or workshop that the participant registered for and missed to the first day of the following seminar one year later. We can no longer extend credit for years after a seminar that was unattended.
Tuition can be refunded only by a substitute student provided by the canceling student. If the student canceling received any discount, special rate, or other consideration outside of the REGULAR TUITION RATE, in that case, the person replacing the one who canceled will have to cover any difference to OMNV in fees up to the equivalent of the REGULAR advertised
We have had people waiting 5 years to use their tuition credit for another seminar and that does not work for us anymore. Meaning, if you could not attend a 4 week seminar, did not get a substitute to attend in your place, and asked for a CREDIT, if granted, that credit is good for any event, workshop or seminar up to the value of the credit given for one year and ONE YEAR ONLY. No monetary or credit - refund is issued for the cost difference between workshops. (EX. If a seminar cost $1,500 and the CREDIT is applied to a workshop that has a tuition of $600, the difference of $900 is not refundable. The CREDIT IS NOT applicable for multiple workshops that add up to the tuition originally paid. If you are unable to attend, we invite you to provide a student to replace you. Your refund comes directly from that replacement who pays you for your slot. If there is still a balance due that must be made by the substitute as well, or the original attendee who registered. Please inform us with the name and the contact information for the substitute.
TRIP INSURANCE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
IN ORDER TO AVOID loss of DEPOSIT, or FULL PAYMENT LOSS on Tuition, Airfare, or a Medical Emergency, it is STRONGLY ADVISED THAT PARTICIPANTS PURCHASE TRIP INSURANCE AT the TIME they make their WORKSHOP DEPOSIT or FULL PAYMENT. It is very wise to get coverage for CANCELLATION of your trip as well as HEALTH INSURANCE WHILE ABROAD. We have had, on rare occasions, a student that required hospitalization and without travel/health insurance the bill could be rather stressful. SEE Google to compare the 10 best companies for travel Insurance.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
Use normal precautions and common sense to keep yourself and your family/friends safe. Always keep your valuables at your side, don’t leave cameras, phones, or other expensive gear visible, and don’t leave any precious belongings unattended at the beach or elsewhere. We always recommend purchasing travel insurance before your trip. You never know what might happen (flight delays, lost baggage, illness), and travel insurance helps with all of those unpredictable events that can occur in travel and life. We highly recommend that you secure a short term plan covering the weeks you'll be away. In a certain way, if you cannot afford travel insurance, you can’t afford your trip. It’s that simple.