2020 * Schedule of Events
Summer Seminar in Greece
4 - Week Mischtechnik Odyssey
"A Call to the Creative Spirit to Study the Mixed Technique in
Egg Tempera and/or Casein and Oil"
The Seaside Village of Finikounda, Greece
June 14 - July 10, 2020
Prof. Philip Rubinov Jacobson & Mantra Cora
Prof Phil and Mantra create Painting Retreats in exotic places and sacred spaces.
Prof Phil and Mantra have both accepted teaching positions Barton Community College in Kansas,USA. They will only be offering one 4 Week, in-depth seminar a year. This year, we will return to GREECE. As always, it will be a time for 'serious – play' and working to expand your vision and skills. Learning to paint anything from simple forms and found objects to the stuff of dreams and visions. Everyone will work on at least two paintings, one will be a painting developed from an abstract ground with guidance from Mantra. The other painting can be whatever the artist wants to strengthen in their work. The teachers will meet with every artist individually to go over their specified plan together. Artists can elect to work on more than these two paintings, or choose to focus on the two at hand. There will also be an exhibition taking place and all those participating in the seminar are welcome to show.
* 120 - 140+ hours of instruction in Under-painting, Indirect & Direct Painting in Layers, and a version(s) of Mischtechnik as practiced by the Old Masters with innovations from Prof Phil & Mantra Cora
* Meet fellow Artists * Kindred Spirits - in a creative environment; studying, sharing experiences and cultural activities together.
* Enjoy meals, conversation and sharing visions together. Plan cooking together if you like, or check out the amazing local cuisine.
* When not painting, enjoy adventures in Greece discovering ancient ruins and art, or simply chilling and resting on a fine sandy beach by the sea. Excursions are sometimes an option for the 'group', but there is also the freedom to make your own adventures.
* Prof Phil & Mantra are always on hand to personally ensure that a transmission of essential knowledge and artistic spirit comes through group and individualized instruction.
* Respectful instruction is tailored to each individual's unique visual language. The teachers do not advocate one style over another, be it classical, visionary, fantastic, abstract or otherwise; but the students' personal direction and originality are encouraged.
* Renowned master artists have been known to drop in on the OMNV painting seminars, offering feedback, discussion and inspiration.
CHROMA SOUL: A Visual Art Elixir
ACE 121 GALLERY
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA.
March 27th - MAY 22nd, 2020
Mantra and Philip, professors at Barton Community College in Great Bend, Kansas have been invited to participate in a very special exhibition taking place in Los Angeles. They invite you to come meet them and see the works of all the artists in the show - curated by Jennifer McEuen.
Taking place at: ACE 121 GALLERY, 121 N. KENWOOD AVE., LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA.
Jennifer McEuen, Curator
The opening reception is on:
Friday, March 27th
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
A Group Exhibition Featuring the artwork of:
MORGAN MANDALA https://www.facebook.com/MorganMandalaArt/
PHILIP RUBINOV JACOBSON